- sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form; set
- aside. Fold into egg yolk mixture just until blended.
- Spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut through batter with a
- knife to remove air pockets; smooth the top. Bake at 325° for
- 50-55 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Immediately invert pan; cool completely.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add ice water and
- stir. Place bowl in ice water for about 5 minutes or until slightly
- thickened. Fold in strawberries and 1/2 cup whipped topping.
- Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Split horizontally
- into three layers; place bottom layer on a serving plate. Spread
- with half of the gelatin mixture. Repeat. Top with remaining cake
- layer. Frost top and sides with remaining whipped topping. Garnish
- with strawberries. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 193 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 114 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.