- 2 quarts fresh strawberries
- 6 cups sugar
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin
- 1/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/3 cup raspberry liqueur, optional
- Vanilla ice cream
- Wash and mash strawberries, measuring out enough mashed berries to make 4 cups. In a Dutch oven, combine strawberries and sugar. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin. Boil 1 minute longer, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Stir in syrup and liqueur if desired. Skim off foam.
- Pour into jars or freezer containers, leaving a 1/2-in. headspace. Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Cover and let stand overnight or until set. Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks or freeze for up to 1 year. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 8 cups.
Originally published as Strawberry Sundae Sauce in Simple & Delicious November/December 2008, p37
Reviews for Strawberry Sundae Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review