Strawberry Sundae Sauce Recipe
“My husband and kids simply love this recipe over their ice cream! It may also be used in banana splits. If you choose not to use liqueur, replace 1-1/2 cups of the mashed strawberries with 1-1/2 cups mashed raspberries instead.” Peggy Townsend - Florence, Colorado
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries
- 6 cups sugar
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin
- 1/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 1/3 cup raspberry liqueur, optional
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. Wash and mash strawberries, measuring out enough mashed berries to make 4 cups. In a Dutch oven, combine strawberries and sugar. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin. Boil 1 minute longer, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Stir in syrup and liqueur if desired. Skim off foam.
- 2. Pour into jars or freezer containers, leaving a 1/2-in. headspace. Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Cover and let stand overnight or until set. Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks or freeze for up to 1 year. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 8 cups.
1/4 cup: 174 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 1g fiber), 0g protein .
Reviews for Strawberry Sundae Sauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC