Strawberry Summer Salad Recipe
- 7 cups torn romaine
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the romaine, strawberries, celery and onions. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, sugar, vinegar, salt, pepper and pepper sauce. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 135 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Summer Salad
"Excellent. Used fresh strawberries from my garden. This recipe will be used again."
"I'm counting the minutes til our local strawberry farm is open for picking. This salad is out of this world and so easy. The dressing and it's bit of hot sauce really makes it. Thanks for sharing."
"This is excellent as well as easy and quick. Husband doesn't care for strawberries and really liked this salad. Has requested it several times!"
"Another family favourite is added to the list, thank you!"
"I liked the combination of ingredients. i only made one change and that was to eliminate the sugar and replace it with one Tbsp of Splenda. My wife is diabetic and this made it diabetic friendly for her. I made up the dressing earlier in the day and refrigerated it. I put the salad ingredients together covered them with saran wrap and refrigerated them also till I was ready to serve giving us a chilled, crisp salad."
"EXCELLENT!!!! LOVED IT!!!"
"Excellent salad for diabetics, replace sugar with Splenda. Super quick and easy. Great for vegetarian guests. Extremely refreshing on hot afternoons. Keeps well when made ahead for quick lunches for next 2 days without dressing."
"Another salad I made for a birthday Party. It was a HUGE hit. Saw people going back for seconds. A nice, light and favorful salad for summer. And simple to make too."