- 7 cups torn romaine
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, strawberries, celery and onions. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, sugar, vinegar, salt, pepper and pepper sauce. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Summer Salad
Sort By :
Excellent. Used fresh strawberries from my garden. This recipe will be used again.
I'm counting the minutes til our local strawberry farm is open for picking. This salad is out of this world and so easy. The dressing and it's bit of hot sauce really makes it. Thanks for sharing.
This is excellent as well as easy and quick. Husband doesn't care for strawberries and really liked this salad. Has requested it several times!
Another family favourite is added to the list, thank you!
I liked the combination of ingredients. i only made one change and that was to eliminate the sugar and replace it with one Tbsp of Splenda. My wife is diabetic and this made it diabetic friendly for her. I made up the dressing earlier in the day and refrigerated it. I put the salad ingredients together covered them with saran wrap and refrigerated them also till I was ready to serve giving us a chilled, crisp salad.
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Fruit Salad Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Salad Recipes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Salad Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Salads >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Salad Recipes >