Strawberry-Stuffed French Toast
This simple stuffed French toast is great to serve the family for weekend breakfasts. The sweet creamy filling is sure to satisfy anyone's sweet tooth.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup strawberry yogurt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 8 slices of white bread
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries, sweetened to taste
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, yogurt and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- until smooth. Spread 2 tablespoons on four slices of bread; top with
- remaining bread to make four sandwiches. Beat eggs, milk and
- remaining vanilla; dip sandwiches.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Toast sandwiches until golden brown
- on both sides. To serve, top each sandwich with 1 tablespoon cream
- cheese mixture and 1/4 cup strawberries. Yield: 4 servings.