Strawberry-Stuffed French Toast Recipe
This simple stuffed French toast is great to serve the family for weekend breakfasts. The sweet creamy filling is sure to satisfy anyone's sweet tooth.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup strawberry yogurt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 8 slices of white bread
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries, sweetened to taste
- 1. In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, yogurt and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until smooth. Spread 2 tablespoons on four slices of bread; top with remaining bread to make four sandwiches. Beat eggs, milk and remaining vanilla; dip sandwiches.
- 2. In a large skillet, melt butter. Toast sandwiches until golden brown on both sides. To serve, top each sandwich with 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture and 1/4 cup strawberries. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC