Muffins have always been a favorite breakfast food for my family. My children have now "left the nest", but I still find myself mixing a batch of these muffins using strawberries from my garden.
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Gently fold in strawberries. Combine eggs, milk, sour cream and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffins cups about two-thirds full. For topping, combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; mix well. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle about 2-1/2 teaspoons over each muffin.
- Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Originally published as Strawberry Streusel Muffins in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p73
Reviews for Strawberry Streusel Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review