- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Gently fold in strawberries. Combine eggs, milk, sour cream and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffins cups about two-thirds full. For topping, combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; mix well. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle about 2-1/2 teaspoons over each muffin.
- Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Reviews for Strawberry Streusel Muffins
Sort By :
Also followed directions exactly, would not make again, pretty tasteless.
I agree with the other review of adding strawberry extract to the batter next time. The strawberry flavor is concentrated where the strawberries are and they don't lend themselves as much to their flavor bleeding into the rest of the muffin like fake strawberry pieces do. Might also make this using other fruits, using this recipe as a base and just changing out the fruit/extracts.
followed directions exactly, next time probably add some strawberry extractl.