Strawberry Sponge Cake Recipe
For dessert, this dessert uses purchased sponge cake. So there's no need for baking. To showcase its pretty strawberry-red layer, I dish it up in clear dessert glasses or dishes like a trifle.—Ruth Taylor, Greeneville, Tennessee
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 carton (13-1/2 ounces) strawberry glaze
- 9 individual cream-filled sponge cakes
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the strawberries and glaze; set aside. Slice cakes in half lengthwise; place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth; fold in the whipped topping. Spread over cakes. Spoon strawberry mixture over top. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until ready to serve. Spoon into individual serving dishes. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice: 321 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 186mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Sponge Cake
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC