Strawberry Sponge Cake Recipe
For dessert, this dessert uses purchased sponge cake. So there's no need for baking. To showcase its pretty strawberry-red layer, I dish it up in clear dessert glasses or dishes like a trifle.Ruth Taylor, Greeneville, Tennessee
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 carton (13-1/2 ounces) strawberry glaze
- 9 individual cream-filled sponge cakes
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the strawberries and glaze; set aside. Slice cakes in half lengthwise; place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth; fold in the whipped topping. Spread over cakes. Spoon strawberry mixture over top. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until ready to serve. Spoon into individual serving dishes. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Sponge Cake in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p7
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Sponge Cake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Desserts >
- Quick Desserts >
- Quick Recipes >
- Simple Desserts >
- Simple Quick Recipes >