Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe
- 2 bunches fresh spinach, washed and dried
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1. Arrange spinach and strawberries on individual salad plates or in a large salad bowl. Place the next six ingredients in a blender or food processor. With unit running, add oil and vinegar in a steady stream. Blend until thickened. Drizzle over salad; serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 204 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 31mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Spinach Salad
"I loved this! I added a little water and a strawberry to the dressing blend."
"Good lite side.."
"Excellent flavor easy to make. This is a "keeper"!"
"I served this for a brunch, and everyone loved the dressing. In fact, my mother-in-law just called and wants me to make and bring it along for her Easter dinner"
"I LOVE this recipe!! It is so yummy! I even love the dressing so much that I'll make it (at my husband's request) for other salads as well. I have looked for this for years - thank you so much! I'll make this again and again!"
"My favorite salad on the planet!"
"Going to try it. Hoping it is the same one They served at My Daughters Wedding. Been looking for that one. Even if it isn't. It sure sounds nummy. Thank You for Sharing,,,Patti PFrom Idaho"