Strawberry Spinach Salad
This recipe was popular at a restaurant in Winston-Salem called Berry's. I love serving this salad to guests who comment that it is very pretty. Not only that, it is also a tasty and very nutritious dish!
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 bunches fresh spinach, washed and dried
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- Arrange spinach and strawberries on individual salad plates or in a
- large salad bowl. Place the next six ingredients in a blender or
- food processor. With unit running, add oil and vinegar in a steady
- stream. Blend until thickened. Drizzle over salad; serve
- immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 204 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.