Strawberry Spinach Salad with Sesame-Poppy Seed Dressing Recipe
Fresh, fast and delicious...what's not to like about this scrumptious salad topped with crunchy, slivered almonds? Thanks to Vickie Vermillion in Carrollton, Texas for sharing her lovely recipe.
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. Divide the spinach, strawberries and celery between two salad plates. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, sugar, vinegar, sesame seeds and poppy seeds. Drizzle over salads. Sprinkle with almonds; serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 212 calories, 18 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC