Fresh, fast and delicious...what's not to like about this scrumptious salad topped with crunchy, slivered almonds? Thanks to Vickie Vermillion in Carrollton, Texas for sharing her lovely recipe.
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Divide the spinach, strawberries and celery between two salad plates. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, sugar, vinegar, sesame seeds and poppy seeds. Drizzle over salads. Sprinkle with almonds; serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Spinach Salad in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p9
Reviews for Strawberry Spinach Salad with Sesame-Poppy Seed Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review