Strawberry Spinach Salad with Raspberry Poppy Seed Dressing Recipe
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. In a blender, combine the vinaigrette, sugar, salt and mustard. Cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds. Transfer to a small pitcher or bowl. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
- 2. Just before serving, toss the spinach, strawberries and pecans in a large salad bowl. Serve with dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 294 calories, 25g fat (3g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 409mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Strawberry Spinach Salad with Raspberry Poppy Seed Dressing
"I added feta cheese to it, which made it even better."
"Excellent! Every time I take this to an event, I get rave compliments & am asked the receipe for it."
"THIS SALAD IS WONDERFUL, AND FLAVORFUL. I ALWAYS HAVE THIS SALAD WHEN STRAWBERRIES AND SPINACH ARE IN SEASON. LOVE THIS RECIPE....."
"LOVE this salad...I make it for parties and triple the recipe. I also sometimes add sliced green onions."
"I make this salad for Christmas every year. The colors are perfect and everyone loves the flavor!"