- 1/3 cup raspberry vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- In a blender, combine the vinaigrette, sugar, salt and mustard. Cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds. Transfer to a small pitcher or bowl. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
- Just before serving, toss the spinach, strawberries and pecans in a large salad bowl. Serve with dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Spinach Salad with Raspberry Poppy Seed Dressing
"I added feta cheese to it, which made it even better."
"Excellent! Every time I take this to an event, I get rave compliments & am asked the receipe for it."
"I made this for Easter dinner and it was a huge hit! People were having 2nds and 3rds! The dressing is very flavorful. I was concerned that it seemed a little thick, but it worked well to coat the spinach leaves. This will be making the BBQ rounds this summer for sure!"
"LOVE this salad...I make it for parties and triple the recipe. I also sometimes add sliced green onions."