Although perfect for summer, this refreshing salad is a favorite year-round for our family and friends. Poppy seeds and pecans add a pleasing crunch to the mix.
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- In a blender, combine the vinaigrette, sugar, salt and mustard. Cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds. Transfer to a small pitcher or bowl. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
- Just before serving, toss the spinach, strawberries and pecans in a large salad bowl. Serve with dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Spinach Salad in Taste of Home October/November 2006, p35
Reviews for Strawberry Spinach Salad with Raspberry Poppy Seed Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review