Berries add a pop of color to this favorite salad that’s part of my gluten-free menu. My challenge is to keep the family from eating the sugared almonds before I add them! —Peggy Gwillim, Strasbourg, Saskatchewan —Peggy Gwillim, Strasbourg, Saskatchewan
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash paprika
- In a large skillet, cook and stir almonds and sugar over low heat until sugar is dissolved and almonds are coated. Spread on foil to cool; break apart.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries and almonds. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Spinach Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2008, p43
Reviews for Strawberry Spinach Salad with Raspberry Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review