Strawberry Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing Recipe
Spinach salad looks best-dressed when it wears luscious red strawberries and accents of toasted pecans. Finish it out with a sweet poppy seed dressing. —Erin Loughmiller, Ridgecrest, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:10 servings
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons white or balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh spinach, trimmed
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Place the first eight ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Just before serving, combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Shake dressing and drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup equals 141 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 23 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC