Spinach salad looks best-dressed when it wears luscious red strawberries and accents of toasted pecans. Finish it out with a sweet poppy seed dressing. —Erin Loughmiller, Ridgecrest, California
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons white or balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh spinach, trimmed
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Place the first eight ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Shake dressing and drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing in Taste of Home April/May 2012, p59
Reviews for Strawberry Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review