Strawberry Spinach Salad with Lemon Dressing Recipe
My mom gave me this recipe. I make it often when strawberries are in season. The combination of green and fruit surprises people. The clincher is the dressing—a hit every time I prepare it.—Pat Brune, Ridgecrest, California
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1. Place the lemon juice and sugar in a blender. With blender running, add oil in a slow steady stream; process until slightly thickened. Just before serving, combine spinach and strawberries in a large salad bowl or individual bowls or plates; drizzle with dressing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 136 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 29 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC