Strawberry Spinach Salad with Lemon Dressing
My mom gave me this recipe. I make it often when strawberries are in season. The combination of green and fruit surprises people. The clincher is the dressinga hit every time I prepare it.Pat Brune, Ridgecrest, California
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Place the lemon juice and sugar in a blender. With blender running,
- add oil in a slow steady stream; process until slightly thickened.
- Just before serving, combine spinach and strawberries in a large
- salad bowl or individual bowls or plates; drizzle with dressing.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 136 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 29 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.