- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups walnut halves
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries (about 1 pound)
- 1 medium cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; stir gently to moisten all the sugar. Cook over medium-low heat, gently swirling pan occasionally, until sugar is dissolved. Cover; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook 1 minute. Uncover pan; continue to boil and gently swirl pan until syrup turns a deep amber color, about 2-3 minutes. Immediately remove from heat and carefully stir in walnuts until evenly coated. Spread onto foil to cool completely. Break into pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, strawberries and cucumber. In a small bowl, whisk the first six vinaigrette ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and walnuts. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings (1 cup each).
Originally published as Strawberry Spinach Salad with Candied Walnuts in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p178
Reviews for Strawberry Spinach Salad with Candied Walnuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review