Strawberry Spinach Salad
This colorful salad is a favorite with Gladys Nelson’s diabetic husband in Jefferson, Wisconsin. It’s filled with nutritious fruits, topped with heart-healthy nuts and laced with a light-purple yogurt dressing.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup fat-free sugar-free raspberry yogurt
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries and mandarin
- oranges. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil and vinegar. Whisk
- in yogurt.
- Divide spinach mixture among six salad plates. Top each serving with
- dressing and almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cups spinach mixture with 2 tablespoons dressing and 2 teaspoons almonds equals 127 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit.