Strawberry Soup Recipe
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/2 cup white wine or apple juice
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1. In a blender, combine all ingredients. Cover and process until smooth. Pour into two bowls; cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 1-2 hours. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 281 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (56g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Soup
"This was very easy to make. I substituted molasses for the sugar as we are trying to avoid white sugar in our house. I would use a little less sweetener next time. Probably add a little and then taste-test it before adding any more. Even when not in season, the strawberries themselves are very sweet when pureed."
"I had a tea party and the ladies were wqwing and askink for the recipe.thanks so much"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.