From Massena, New York, Lucia Johnson shares this refreshing chilled soup that's a lovely addition to a special brunch or luncheon. With its fruity flavor and thick frothy texture, you could even serve it as a punch!
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/2 cup white wine or apple juice
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a blender, combine all ingredients. Cover and process until smooth. Pour into two bowls; cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 1-2 hours. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Soup in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p8
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Strawberry Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review