Strawberry Sorbet Sensation
On hot days in Colorado, we chill out with slices of this berries-and-cream dessert. The layered effect is so much fun. Use any flavor of sorbet you like. —Kendra Doss, Colorado Springs, Colorado
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 2 cups strawberry sorbet, softened if necessary
- 1 cup cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Line an 8x4-in. loaf pan with foil. Spread sorbet onto bottom of pan;
- place in freezer 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix 2 minutes. Let stand 2
- minutes or until soft-set. Reserve 1/2 cup whipped topping for
- serving; cover and refrigerate. Fold remaining whipped topping into
- pudding; spread over sorbet. Freeze, covered, 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Unmold dessert onto
- a serving plate; remove foil. Cut into slices. Serve with
- strawberries and reserved whipped topping. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 153 calories, 3 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 163 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.