Strawberry Shortcake Trifle
As pretty as a picture, this quick-and-easy dessert from Crystal Edwards of Van Alstyne, Texas, makes any gathering seem special. Busy cooks will appreciate the make-ahead convenience and the use of purchased pound cake.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant cheesecake or vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 carton (13-1/2 ounces) strawberry glaze
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and cubed
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand
- for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Beat in cream cheese and extract
- until smooth. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping.
- In another bowl, gently combine strawberries and glaze. In a 3-qt.
- trifle bowl, layer half of the cake cubes, pudding mixture and
- strawberry mixture. Repeat layers. Garnish with remaining whipped
- topping. Refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with almonds just
- before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 336 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 309 mg sodium,