Strawberry Shortcake Trifle Recipe
As pretty as a picture, this quick-and-easy dessert from Crystal Edwards of Van Alstyne, Texas, makes any gathering seem special. Busy cooks will appreciate the make-ahead convenience and the use of purchased pound cake.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant cheesecake or vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 carton (13-1/2 ounces) strawberry glaze
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and cubed
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Beat in cream cheese and extract until smooth. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping.
- 2. In another bowl, gently combine strawberries and glaze. In a 3-qt. trifle bowl, layer half of the cake cubes, pudding mixture and strawberry mixture. Repeat layers. Garnish with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with almonds just before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup equals 336 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 309 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC