Strawberry Shortcake Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Dash salt
- 2/3 cup cold butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar
- Additional sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine water and vanilla; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/4-in. thickness; cut with a floured 3-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, strawberries and milk until combined. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; beat until blended. Spread over cookies; garnish with additional sliced strawberries if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Strawberry Shortcake Cookies
Sort By :
not as real shoirtbread cookie, but good and as previously stated, the strawberries weep if placed on cookies before serving.
Love strawberry shortcake and when I saw this recipe, I looked in the pantry and had everything to make them. The dough was too dry to work with needed to add more water but the cookies turned out okay. The amount of frosting the directions says to make is way too much for the number of cookies! I have enough frosting left to cover a two layer cake. Will not make again.
Cookies are basic sugar cookies. After frosting, do not put fresh strawberries on cookie until you are ready to serve. Strawberries will weep on top of the suger frosting. Otherwise good.
The frosting was great but the cookies did not take much like shortcake to me. My husband and I agreed that the icing was a 4.5 or 5 and the cookies were just a 3.