Strawberry Shortbread Shortcake Recipe
Crisp chocolate shortbread makes a delectable base for this dazzling shortcake recipe.—California Strawberry Advisory Board, x, California
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, grated
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped and sweetened
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in flour and chocolate. Form dough into two balls (one slightly larger than the other.)
- 2. On a floured surface, roll balls into 7-in. circles (one thicker than the other). Transfer to greased baking sheets. Prick all over with fork.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or just until golden. Allow to cool 5 minutes; cut thinner circle into eight equal wedges. Cool on racks. To assemble, place circle on a serving plate. Top with whipped cream and strawberries. Set wedges into the cream at an angle, points toward center. Cut into wedges. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 515 calories, 35 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC