Strawberry Shortbread Shortcake Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, grated
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped and sweetened
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in flour and chocolate. Form dough into two balls (one slightly larger than the other.)
- 2. On a floured surface, roll balls into 7-in. circles (one thicker than the other). Transfer to greased baking sheets. Prick all over with fork.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or just until golden. Allow to cool 5 minutes; cut thinner circle into eight equal wedges. Cool on racks. To assemble, place circle on a serving plate. Top with whipped cream and strawberries. Set wedges into the cream at an angle, points toward center. Cut into wedges. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 515 calories, 35g fat (22g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 244mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Shortbread Shortcake
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.