Strawberry Shortbread Pizza Recipe
Pizza—it's delicious any time of day, and this dessert option won't disappoint. A crisp pecan crust is layered with a creamy layer of vanilla flavored Mascarpone, then topped with berries, whipped cream and chocolate curls.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, sliced
- Chocolate curls and sweetened whipped cream
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, pecans, cornstarch, cinnamon and salt. Gradually add to the creamed mixture just until combined.
- 2. On a greased baking sheet, roll dough into a 13-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, cream the mascarpone, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over crust.
- 4. In a food processor, puree preserves and orange juice until smooth. Add strawberries; toss to coat. Spread over crust. Cut into pieces. Garnish with chocolate curls and whipped cream. Serve immediately. Yield: 18 servings.
1 piece (calculated without garnishes) equals 303 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 147 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC