Sherry Maurer of Manheim, Pennsylvania says, “My husband enjoys this pie so much that I always make an extra one just for him! To save time, use a purchased shortbread crust.”
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 shortbread crust (9 inches)
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin powder until dissolved.
- Transfer to a small bowl. Chill until partially set. Place strawberries in the crust; pour gelatin mixture over berries. Cover and refrigerate until set. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Shortbread Pie in Taste of Home April/May 2006, p14
Reviews for Strawberry Shortbread Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review