When our boys were young and always hungry, we'd heed to our strawberry patch and gather fruit for this sherbet. This treat was a must for company.
Ruth Guse, Stillwater, Minnesota
32 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Freeze: 30 min.
- 4 quarts fresh strawberries, sliced
- 4 cups sugar
- 2-2/3 cups milk
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon, optional
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries and sugar; let stand for 1-1/2
- to 2 hours or until very juicy. Process in small batches in a
- blender until pureed. Strain seeds; pour strawberry juice into a
- bowl. Stir in milk, orange juice and cinnamon if desired.
- Freeze in batches in an ice cream freezer according to manufacturer's
- directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until it can be frozen.
- Yield: about 4 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 133 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 11 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.