You won’t believe how tender these rich, buttery scones are. The lemony glaze is a lip-smacking treat! —Kathy Harding, Richmond, Missouri
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1-1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries, chopped
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- Heat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 1-1/4 cups cream just until moistened. Fold in strawberries. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times.
- Pat into a 9-in. x 7-in. rectangle. Cut in half horizontally. Cut each half into four rectangles; separate and place on a greased baking sheet. Brush with remaining cream.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. For glaze, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, lemon juice, butter and milk; drizzle over warm scones. Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.
Originally published as Strawberry Scones with Lemon Glaze in Simple & Delicious August/September 2010, p44
Reviews for Strawberry Scones with Lemon Glaze
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review