Strawberry Scones with Lemon Glaze Recipe
You won’t believe how tender these rich, buttery scones are. The lemony glaze is a lip-smacking treat! —Kathy Harding, Richmond, Missouri
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1-1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries, chopped
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1. Heat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 1-1/4 cups cream just until moistened. Fold in strawberries. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times.
- 2. Pat into a 9-in. x 7-in. rectangle. Cut in half horizontally. Cut each half into four rectangles; separate and place on a greased baking sheet. Brush with remaining cream.
- 3. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. For glaze, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, lemon juice, butter and milk; drizzle over warm scones. Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.
1 scone equals 468 calories, 24 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 376 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC