Strawberry Sandwich Cookies Recipe
Barbara Sessoyeff of Redwood Valley, California shares the recipe for yummy Strawberry Sandwich Cookies.
- 1 cup blanched almonds
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 1. In a food processor, process almonds until ground; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extract. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the ground almonds.
- 2. Divide dough in half; cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion of dough into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Cut lengthwise into three strips; cut each strip widthwise into six pieces. With a 3/4-in. round cutter, cut out a circle in the center of half of the pieces (discard circles).
- 4. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 5. For glaze, combine lemon juice and remaining sugar; thinly spread over whole cookies. Top with cutout cookies; fill center with 1/2 teaspoon jam. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 191 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Strawberry Sandwich Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC