Guests often try to guess the secret ingredient in this. None think of strawberries...but many ask for the recipe.
Our six childrenall daughtersare grown, and we have 10 grandchildren. Knitting is among my hobbies, so I plan on making an afghan for all 16 of them. So far, I've finished 10!
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2-1/2 cups finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup prepared Catalina salad dressing
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, green pepper, onions and
- parsley. Stir in the salad dressing, hot pepper sauce and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve with tortilla chips.
- Yield: 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 41 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.