- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- CREAMY POPPY SEED DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2-1/4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- In a small heavy skillet over medium-low heat, cook and stir the sugar until melted and caramel in color, about 10 minutes. Stir in almonds until coated. Spread on foil to cool; break into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, onion and strawberries. Combine the dressing ingredients; drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with coated almonds. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
Sort By :
Great salad! Boy friend said that he likes most of the salads I make pretty well, but this one was "absolutely delicious". I'm taking it to a potluck dinner tomorrow!
Loved this salad. I substituted walnuts for the almonds and used red wine vinegar instead of cider vinegar (that is what I had on hand). It was great!
I like this recipe.
Turned out great, but next time I will try using greek yogurt instead of mayo and maybe some of the other suggestions like adding avocado or chicken.