Strawberry Salad with Mojito Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 4 fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a blender, combine the first eight ingredients. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Set aside.
- 2. Divide salad greens among five salad plates; top with strawberries, onion, cheese and walnuts. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Yield: 5 servings.
1-1/2 cups salad with 2 tablespoons vinaigrette: 178 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Strawberry Salad with Mojito Vinaigrette
"Excellent! Very fresh tasting. Love the dressing."
"I used scallions instead of the red onion. Delicious!"
"Awesome recipe. Love the mix of flavors."