Strawberry Salad with Mojito Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 4 fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a blender, combine the first eight ingredients. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Set aside.
- 2. Divide salad greens among five salad plates; top with strawberries, onion, cheese and walnuts. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Yield: 5 servings.
1-1/2 cups salad with 2 tablespoons vinaigrette: 178 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 1 vegetable, 0 fruit, 2 fat.
Reviews for Strawberry Salad with Mojito Vinaigrette
"Excellent! Very fresh tasting. Love the dressing."
"I used scallions instead of the red onion. Delicious!"
"Awesome recipe. Love the mix of flavors."
"Made this salad tonight for a party, I doubled it! The Salad turned out great! Big hit! I used almonds instead of walnuts just for something different."