Strawberry Salad with Cinnamon Vinaigrette Recipe
"This is my husband's favorite salad…hands down!" says Nancy Tafoya of Fort Collins, Colorado. "I've taken it to fancy dinner parties as well as camping trips, and everyone always lines up for seconds. The unique vinaigrette has a little kick to it that people truly enjoy."
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first seven ingredients; shake well until sugar is dissolved. In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, strawberries, avocado, oranges, onion and pecans. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss gently. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
2/3 cup equals 153 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Strawberry Salad with Cinnamon Vinaigrette
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC