"This is my husband's favorite salad…hands down!" says Nancy Tafoya of Fort Collins, Colorado. "I've taken it to fancy dinner parties as well as camping trips, and everyone always lines up for seconds. The unique vinaigrette has a little kick to it that people truly enjoy."
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first seven ingredients; shake well until sugar is dissolved. In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, strawberries, avocado, oranges, onion and pecans. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss gently. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Salad with Cinnamon Vinaigrette in Light & Tasty April/May 2006, p24
Reviews for Strawberry Salad with Cinnamon Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review