Strawberry Salad with Cinnamon Vinaigrette Recipe
"This is my husband's favorite salad…hands down!" says Nancy Tafoya of Fort Collins, Colorado. "I've taken it to fancy dinner parties as well as camping trips, and everyone always lines up for seconds. The unique vinaigrette has a little kick to it that people truly enjoy."
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first seven ingredients; shake well until sugar is dissolved. In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, strawberries, avocado, oranges, onion and pecans. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss gently. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Salad with Cinnamon Vinaigrette in Light & Tasty April/May 2006, p24
Reviews for Strawberry Salad with Cinnamon Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2013
Loved the dressing!
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2011
This was a very yummy salad! We replaced the sugar with honey which went well with the fruits.
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2009
This is the best salad I've ever eaten! I served it for my parent's anniversary and everyone wanted the recipe! Thanks Taste of Home!
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Salad Recipes >
- Fruit Salad Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Salads >