Strawberry Ripple Ice Cream
Nothing beats the heat—or showcases ripe strawberries—better than this creamy homemade frozen treat. Once you try it, you'll be amazed how easily it comes together. —Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario
14 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups crushed strawberries
- In a large bowl, combine the cream, milk and vanilla. Refrigerate
- until chilled.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according
- to the manufacturer’s directions. When ice cream is frozen, pour
- into a freezer container; drop strawberries by tablespoons over ice
- cream. Cut through ice cream with a knife to swirl. Freeze for 8
- hours or overnight before serving. Yield: 1-3/4 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 342 calories, 28 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 62 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.