- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring, optional
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In another bowl, combine the eggs, oil, strawberries and food coloring if desired. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- For filling, beat cream cheese in a small bowl. Add the egg, sugar, flour and extract; beat well.
- Spoon a fourth of the batter into each of two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Spread half of the filling over each. Top with the remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 70-80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover loosely with foil if top browns to quickly. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for Strawberry Ribbon Bread
"My daughter and I tried this for 4-H Bake Off this year. I was just ok with it. The cream cheese mixture fell to the bottom and I'm not sure why. So, there was no ribbon, just a half stuff cream cheese bottom. Which was good, but not pretty. 70 minutes is way to long to bake this. Mine was plenty done in around 50 minutes or so. Overall, ok... I could make it a few more times and improve. Sometimes I think its just my oven. I have a single gas wall oven and it seems HOT to me, so I lower the temp on everything, but it doesnt change the fact that things dont have enough room in the oven... One day... I will have new ovens."
"this bread was delicious. It is really rich, which it would even make a good dessert."