Strawberry-Rhubarb Upside-Down Cake
In Thompson Falls, Montana, Bonnie Krogman uses a boxed cake mix to create this quick and colorful dessert. "I prepare it often in the summer when fresh rhubarb is abundant," she notes. "When I take it to church potlucks, people really cleanup the pan fast."
12-16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 5 cups cut fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces), thawed and drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 package white or yellow cake mix (regular size)
- Whipped topping, optional
- Place rhubarb in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with
- the gelatin, sugar and marshmallows. Prepare cake mix according to
- package directions; pour batter over marshmallows.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; invert cake onto a
- serving plate. Serve with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 12-16