- 5 cups cut fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces), thawed and drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 package white or yellow cake mix (regular size)
- Whipped topping, optional
- Place rhubarb in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with the gelatin, sugar and marshmallows. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; pour batter over marshmallows.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; invert cake onto a serving plate. Serve with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry-Rhubarb Upside-Down Cake
"easy to make and was a beautiful red color when done. Very moist and rhubarb was not overpowering. All my "tasters" loved it. Will definitely make again!"
"I make this cake several times a summer, especially when there's fresh rhubarb available. It works well with frozen too, but fresh is always better. I get a lot of compliments on it and even people who say they don't like rhubarb tell me how much they like it."
"I made this recipe years ago after finding it in Quick Cooking. It was a favorite, but I lost the recipe. We ended up with some fresh rhubarb and my daughter asked me to make this recipe. I went to Taste of Home and did a search and found it right away! I made the cake today and everyone is thrilled. The house smelled yummy while it was cooking! This recipe is so easy and so, so, very good!"
"This recipe was easy to make and absolutely delicious. I added fresh chopped strawberries with the rhubarb. Soooo yummy"
"Great cake to serve for friends and family. I made it for large crowds for a pot luck and it was the first thing to go. Hint with the cake mix, If you use a box mix supliment the oil with apple sause. It makes the cake moist and better for ya."