Strawberry Rhubarb Torte Recipe
- 2 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons plus 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon strawberry gelatin
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 14 ladyfingers, split
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring the rhubarb, water and 2 tablespoons sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Cool slightly. Cover and refrigerate 1/3 cup rhubarb liquid for glaze.
- 2. Place rhubarb and remaining liquid in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Return to saucepan. Bring to a boil; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into rhubarb mixture.
- 4. Arrange half of the ladyfingers on the bottom of an ungreased 6-in. springform pan. Spread half of the rhubarb mixture into pan. Arrange remaining ladyfingers over rhubarb mixture; carefully spread with remaining rhubarb mixture. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 5. Transfer reserved rhubarb liquid to a small saucepan; stir in remaining sugar. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spread over rhubarb layer. Arrange strawberry slices over glaze. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 4 servings.
1 slice equals 334 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 218 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Rhubarb Torte
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.