- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 7-8 times. Place pastry between
- sheets of waxed paper; roll out to fit a 9-in. fluted tart pan with
- removable bottom. Grease the tart pan; gently press pastry into pan.
- Line pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake
- at 350° for 12 minutes. Remove foil; bake 8-12 minutes longer or
- until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, combine 1 cup strawberries, rhubarb, sugar and lemon
- peel in a large saucepan. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes or until rhubarb
- is tender but retains shape. Combine cornstarch and water until
- smooth; stir into fruit mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for
- 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour into a bowl; cover surface with
- waxed paper. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Just before serving, spread filling into crust. Arrange remaining
- strawberries on top. Brush with jelly. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One piece equals 119 calories, 3 g fat (0.55 g saturated fat), 0.55 mg cholesterol, 67 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.