Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce
You'll love how well this strawberry rhubarb sauce goes with pancakes. It's a fresh from the farmers market favorite! —Mia Werner, Waukegan, Illinois
7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1 cup sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a small saucepan, combine the strawberries, rhubarb and sugar.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Combine cornstarch and water until
- smooth; stir into fruit mixture. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or
- until thickened. Serve warm or chilled.
- Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup equals 96 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.