Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1 cup sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a small saucepan, combine the strawberries, rhubarb and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into fruit mixture. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
Reviews for Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce(4)
Sort By :
This is wonderful! I have used it over strawberry shortcake, ice cream, and waffles. Divine!
This recipe is beautiful! I only had rhubarb so i put 3 cups of rhubarb and no strawberries and then I also added a 1/4cup of water with the rhubarb and sugar to make it a bit thinner, it was still quite thick but very nice! This was has been put in the favorites.
Just made this again and I still love how easy it is to make! Plan to serve it over angel food cake. Glad to see they've updated the nutritional info online so there's no longer a discrepancy.
Easy to make and tastes delicious! I served over vanilla ice cream. I wonder about the nutritional info though...magazine says 96 calories, online says 55 for the same serving size.
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Quick Desserts >
- Quick Recipes >