My niece tasted this pie at a family dinner and urged me to enter it in our hometown pie contest. She said it win the Grand Prize, and she was right! I cook at our local nursing home and everyone enjoys this recipe. —Janice Schmidt, Baxter, Iowa
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sliced rhubarb
- 3 tablespoons strawberry gelatin powder
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, halved
- In a large saucepan, mix cornstarch and sugar. Stir in water until smooth. Add rhubarb; cook and stir until clear and thickened. Add gelatin and stir until dissolved. Cool.
- Pour about half of rhubarb sauce into pastry shell. Arrange berries over sauce; top with remaining sauce. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Rhubarb Pie in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p76
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review