- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sliced rhubarb
- 3 tablespoons strawberry gelatin powder
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, halved
- In a large saucepan, mix cornstarch and sugar. Stir in water until smooth. Add rhubarb; cook and stir until clear and thickened. Add gelatin and stir until dissolved. Cool.
- Pour about half of rhubarb sauce into pastry shell. Arrange berries over sauce; top with remaining sauce. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
"I love the combo of these two and can't wait to try it."
"I never made anything from Taste of Home that wasn't awesome and as I expected?..except this time. I guess there is a first time for everything, even TofH. It was a ok Strawberry pie, but just ok? certainly not enough rhubarb even through I doubled it. Won't try this one again was pretty disappointed."
"Pretty good pie, the family liked it."
"The strawberry jello gives the pie an artificial strawberry flavor. I prefer my homemade pies to taste homemade, not like jello. Also, I like strawberry rhubarb pie to have chunks of rhubarb. With this recipe, once you cook the rhubarb it mushes up & just becomes part of the sauce. This was a good tasting pie, but I will not make this recipe again."
"This is our favorite pie."
"I added some cinnamon to the rhubarb mixture- was a great success- will be making this many times this summer!"
"BRILLIANT!!! I will make this pie for years to come!!!!!"