Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Recipe
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sliced rhubarb
- 3 tablespoons strawberry gelatin powder
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, halved
- In a large saucepan, mix cornstarch and sugar. Stir in water until smooth. Add rhubarb; cook and stir until clear and thickened. Add gelatin and stir until dissolved. Cool.
- Pour about half of rhubarb sauce into pastry shell. Arrange berries over sauce; top with remaining sauce. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
Sort By :
I love the combo of these two and can't wait to try it.
I never made anything from Taste of Home that wasn't awesome and as I expected?..except this time. I guess there is a first time for everything, even TofH. It was a ok Strawberry pie, but just ok? certainly not enough rhubarb even through I doubled it. Won't try this one again was pretty disappointed.
Pretty good pie, the family liked it.
The strawberry jello gives the pie an artificial strawberry flavor. I prefer my homemade pies to taste homemade, not like jello. Also, I like strawberry rhubarb pie to have chunks of rhubarb. With this recipe, once you cook the rhubarb it mushes up & just becomes part of the sauce. This was a good tasting pie, but I will not make this recipe again.
This is our favorite pie.